- Empowering the artisan providing sustainable livelihoods by promoting fair trade acting as a bridge between rural Indian Artisans and the Global market.
- Educate Artisans especially women artisans with necessary skills, product design and other support so as to help them earn a livelihood with dignity and excel as Entrepreneurs.
- Helping Craft remain a sustainable, viable livelihood alternative for craftspeople and in the process, be that responsible Craft’s Company in India creating value for all its stakeholders.
Rangamaati has set a vision of facilitating livelihood for rural artisans with a holistic approach, which includes sustainable development concepts:
- The revival of Languishing Craft & Facilitating market through eCommerce & Retail Sale.
- Appropriate transfer of Intangible Culture, Art & Skills.
- Preservation & Promotion of dying Artform & their Continuation.
” One day all Artists and Artisans of Bengal, India would Earn a Fair Wage, be treated with Dignity and respect and be able to live a life of Quality.”
…….. Sanjay Guhathakurta. Founder, Director. rangamaati handicrafts Pvt Ltd.
We have set a vision of facilitating livelihood for rural artisans with a holistic approach, which includes sustainable development concepts: Revival of Languishing Craft & Facilitating market through eCommerce & Retail Sale.
The Culture and the image of society are depicted within the sight of the artist, their perspective of the present and based upon that their image of the future and more importantly within the bounds of their craft and their ability to give shape to thoughts and ideas. What the artist creates, their craft and their work is a material representation of their thoughts and feelings, their soul and what their perception is of the real meaning and purpose of life. All around us we feel and execute our emotions, the artist draws them into the objects which they create.
At rangamaati we bring these objects, these pieces of art to you, listing and offering fine art objects we aim at being enablers of a society where they are appreciated. Representing the best in Bengal Handloom and Handicrafts, we bring them right to your doorstep for you. Listing a range of objects we hand pick them to represent the best in arts and crafts. All products available on our website are unique and have a story of their own. Our aim is to be the global online market place for all things arts and crafts catering from Bengal primarily, in the pursuit of excellence we like to think of ourselves as promoters and guide to Bengal’s Handicrafts & Handloom – bringing to you the best in art collections and offering artists a broader window to project their creation.